Monday, September 27, 2010
from Tucker Max (no, seriously, I'm shocked too)
Ladies, let me give you some advice. You can throw all your stupid fucking chick-lit, self-help, why-doesn’t-he-love-me books out, because this is all you need to know: Men will treat you the way you let them. There is no such thing as “deserving” respect; you get what you demand from people. Let a guy fuck you in the ass, come on your back, drink all your beer and then leave, and he’ll do it. But if you demand respect, he will either respect you or he won’t associate with you. It really is that simple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tucker Max is a Grade A jackass, and has, indeed, built his career off being one--what started as a website of misadventures has developed into several books and a movie deal. I can't decide what I think of him; on the one hand, he's horribly misogynistic, but on the other, really he's just as bad to men as he is to women, minus that he doesn't sleep with men.
ReplyDeleteSo I was surprised to find this quote--which I think applies to everyone, not just women-- which was, in fact, penned by the good Mr. Max. It may be especially applicable to women, however, in the sense that if you smile and laugh and let guys walk all over you the way you've most likely been taught to do since the day you were born, then, yeah, he's right, they're going to do just that.
...Nietzsche in class today put me in a really, really bad mood.